During many of the last 7 years, there have been more agents going out of the real estate business than coming into the business. The market was declining and sellers were losing so much money that a career in real estate was no longer attractive. Now that the market is shifting and a career in real estate is worth looking into again.
In 2005, there was a surge in new agents entering the Myrtle Beach real estate market. At that time, the market was on fire and anyone could get a license and make a sale. Sometimes these sales rewarded the agent with a $5000 commission check for less than 5 hours of work. Once word got out that this was happening then everyone took the test to get licensed. Times have changed!
Now, the real estate market is NORMAL. Over the last 24 months, the Myrtle Beach Real Estate market has been very active. I would not say that it is on fire yet there is a lot of activity. Buyers are looking to buy and sellers are looking to sell at higher rates than in the past 7 years. This is good news for those that have a license today and is promising for those that are considering a career in real estate.
At Century 21 The Harrelson Group, we have noticed that the new agents that get the proper real estate sales training tend to become the most successful agents in the business. The key is 'TRAINING'. Of course, there are schools that can teach you how to pass the state exam to get a license yet there are very few companies that have the systems in place to train a New Agent on how to generate profits. Just because you pass the state exam does not mean you will know how to build a career.
Why is it is a good time to start a Real Estate Career?
1) The market is Active - Transactions are taking place so there is plenty of business available.
2) Prices have rebounded - Sellers are able to sell now without losing or they are losing a lot less than before.
3) The market is stable - We anticipate the market to be good for years to come. It may not be on fire yet it is unlikely to go cold anytime soon.
There are many reasons why people are looking to create a career in real estate once again. Keep in mind that the failure rate for new agents is high so you want to make sure that you get the proper training. As a former National Real Estate Coach, I have documented the reasons why so many agents fail as well as created the training programs to assure success. We have noticed that real estate agents typically fail because of a lack of training versus a lack of potential. The potential to succeed is there yet too often the support and training is not.
If you are going to start a Career in Real Estate then consider the following:
1) Interview more than one company - Make sure you identify the leaders in the industry.
2) Find out which company supports New Agents - Most companies do not want to take the time and invest resources on new agent. They would rather hire an agent that already has a track record.
3) Look at the companies training program - Ask the company what is their 'Average Per Agent Production'. This will tell you if everyone in the company is making money or just the top few agents.
4) Beware of those that make it sound easy - Be careful when you hear companies tell you that they will give you leads or they have a great project you can sit on. These are great things to say when you are being recruited yet typically don't happen once hired.
This a great time to start a career as a Myrtle Beach Realtor. The most important decision you will make in your career is the company you commit to. Take your time, seek proven training systems and you can create a successful career.
If you are interested in a career in real estate then feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
C21 The Harrelson Group
Myrtle Beach, SC
Join me on Google+