Spring has officially sprung in Charleston, and O-Ku is celebrating the change in season with a brand new menu.
Executive Chef Sean Park serves up a superb new variety of petite plates, exotic sushi rolls, and other unique dishes that showcase the season’s best Japanese cuisine.
Selections include specialty rolls such as:
- Tuna Crown Roll with shrimp tempura and eel topped with spicy tuna
- Tropical Roll with cucumber- and daikon-wrapped tuna, salmon, yellowtail, mango, kaiware, diced basil, mint, and cilantro
Palatable chef’s specialties include:
- Zakin Sushi with tuna, Tasmanian and Scottish Salmon/Hamachi, Kanpachi, Uni, Walu, Whitefish
- Four Toros Four Ways with Otoro with scallion and pink Himalayan salt, salmon with truffle micro-herbs, Hamachi with cilantro and soy salt, Kanpachi with Serrano pepper and black volcanic salt
- Temaki Lobster with butter poached lobster, asparagus, and cilantro aioli
- Surf and Turf Foie Gras with pan-seared foie gras with Junmai Daiginjo pomegranate glaze and ankimo with balsamic ponzu
Izakaya – Japanese Street Food – includes:
- O-Ku Spring Roll with tuna, salmon, escolar, cilantro, mango, wonton crisp, and avocado tossed in wasabi aioli with sesame sauce
- Scallop Sliders with Kurobuta Pork Belly with roasted bell pepper and grapefruit puree
- Asian Braised Beef Shortribs with sweet potato chips and rice cracker/Robatayaki with chicken, beef, and seafood skewers with sesame, mango chili, and yuzu soy dipping sauces