Flickr user Toni Bay
Looking for something to do on New Year's Eve in Beaufort?
Saltus is offering up a four-course prix fixe dinner for $50 per peson and then a dance party starting at 10 p.m. with DJ Mix Master Milner.
Course 1 Choice of:
-Saltus Signature Crab Bisque. 1/2 Dozen Local "Single Lady" Oysters, Blood Orange Ice, Candied Benne Seeds, Wasabi Greens.
- Pimento Cheese Gougere with Local Field Greens, Bacon/Dijion Vinaigrette, Toasted Walnuts, Granny Smith Apple.
- Brant Family Farms Arugula with Roasted Beets, Shaved Radishes, Sweetgrass Dairy Fresh Chevre, Spiced Pecans, Aged Sherry Vinaigrette.
Course 2 Choice of:
- Roasted Pumpkin Soup with Bacon Poached Stone Crab Claw and Pumpkin Seed Brittle.
- Waygu Beef Tartare, Puff Pastry, Mushroom Duxelle, Truffled Mustard, Fried Potato Skins.
- Caramelized Sea Scallop and Pulled Berkshire Pork Shoulder, Cornmeal Hoe Cake, Slow Cooked Collards, Boiled Peanuts.
- Smoked Chicken Liver Pate, Pickled Okra, Dijon Mustard, Arugula, Buttered Brioche Toast.
Course 3 Choice of:
- Meyers Ranch Top Sirloin Cooked Sous Vide Then Grilled Over Hickory, Fresh Chevre and Carolina Gold Croquette, Wilted Spinach, Foie Gras Butter.
- Beet Poached Maine Lobster, Smoked Cauliflower Puree, Melted Leeks, Crispy Beet Chips.
- Roasted Local Wreck Fish, Warm Farro Salad with Quail Confit, Roasted Butternut Squash, Turnip Greens, and Pickled Scallions.
- Braised NC Bison Short Rib, Truffled Potato Puree, Roasted Root Vegetables, Bordelaise Syrup.
Course 4 Choice of:
- Selection of Dessert TBA from our Pastry Chef Kari Johnson.
Reservations are required, call (843) 379-3474. Saltus is at 802 Bay Street.